Sunday, November 29, 2009

* Families Really Are Forever...& So Are Friends..| Lethbridge Photographer

I have been delaying the blogging of this post for a few days in order to gather my thoughts...alas, I am still at a loss for the words that would do this family justice..so I have decided to blog and write and hope that the things I feel will somehow translate into this post..it may be a long one.. :)

These are some of my favourite people...of all time...all time doesn't even begin to describe it really..

I have known the Dad Bryan for quite some time, probably since I was 11 or 12, we grew up in neighbouring small towns in southern Ontario and had mutual friends...He met his wife Amanda, I met her shortly after...her and I have been friends ever since...she commented during their photoshoot with me that we have been friends for 10 years now... a decade...it really isn't very long in the grand scheme of things though...and when you consider that the day i met her, I truly felt like I had known her all of my life...longer...I knew we would be kindred spirits, sisters even... forever..and forever is a long long time...

They moved out here to Alberta shortly after they were married, and here they had their first child, a daughter and became a family...

Just before their baby's first birthday, I too moved to Alberta to live with them for a short time, until it was time for me to find my own wings...

They have continued to build and grow their family over the last ten years, moving back to Ontario just before their first son was born...and then thankfully coming back out west a couple of little boys later...

I cannot begin to describe all of the many things I have learned from each one of them, or the example they have been to me over the years that we have been friends...

I can honestly say I have never in my life met a man who serves others the way that Bryan does, A man with a kind heart, full of faith who works hard to provide for his growing family. He is a great example to me of what a husband and father should be..

Ever since I can remember I have wanted really simple things in life, I want to be a good wife, and a mom. I'm not a girl who wants extravagant things..just a cozy home and a family of my own...I have been truly blessed to have a friend who has shown me exactly what kind of mother and wife that I want to be. Amanda is the epitome of these things. She is a busy wife and mom, who always recognizes the needs of others around her, she is selfless, and talented and loving and kind. She has the faith of an army, and she is passionate about her beliefs and her choices. There are many who cannot hold a candle to her...myself included. I have learned many many things from her throughout our friendship, I have learned about faith, about children, about being a woman, about love and service and friendship.
I love to watch her with her children, to see how she manages to juggle it all, and still find time for herself...I am often in awe of her and always proud of her..


Although I have yet to marry and have my own children, I am blessed to be a huge part of their children's lives..They are like my own little babies..I love them like they were my own, and they love me in return..it is a special thing to have five little ones who look up to you, and who trust you with all that they are...its an amazing relationship that I take very seriously and that I'm extremely grateful for on a daily basis. Unconditional love from those five little faces has often pulled me out of some not so happy moments...They are all so special to me..I wonder if they will ever really know how much each one of them has enriched my life...

They have a special little one on the way as well...she has already taught me more in the last month than I ever knew possible..she has taught me to stop taking all of my moments for granted, she has taught me that life is so much more than a series of days..and she has reminded me that we are loved beyond our ability to comprehend...I love her already and I am grateful for all that she has already taught all of us, and will continue to teach us throughout her time here...

Thank you Renaud Family for being my Family here...Thank you for loving me the way that you do, for accepting me and for taking such good care of me...Thank you for sharing your joy and your sorrow with me...without which I wouldn't be the person I am today...

Thank you for allowing me to capture the following special moments...I look forward to capturing many many more...

Love you lots,
Dev.






4 comments:

Mary Siever said...

Devon,

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing this. They are such a wonderful family and are blessed to have you, as you are to them. I too feel so blessed to have Amanda as a dear friend and feel so honoured that my children have the Renaud children as good friends. Bryan too is a good, great man who is a wonderful Bishop for our ward. I too feel blessed to know of this precious little baby girl who is joining their family and feel so humbled that she chose them. She certainly chose the right family.

Your pictures are so beautiful of them. You have captured their love, compassion and joy as a family, you really have.

Kim Siever said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful words. You show the very best of this amazing family.

Kelli Olsen said...

Beautiful words, beautiful family!

Gingerlylizzy said...

So beautiful Devon. You had me bawling on this one. I miss them!